Monday, July 5, 2021

Getting in on Christmas in July

After making those haunted houses, I saved one of the domes for a Christmas ornament.  I couldn't help but make a tiny gingerbread house to slip into it.  I've always loved the look of a gingerbread house with all the white trimming and the colorful candies.  But baking and making one in the traditional way never quite worked out for me.  I could never get the frosting to flow right or the layers to stick together.  At the end mine always looked like a lump of mess.  So I  gave up on that skill a long time ago.

For those of you like me, all thumbs and no fingers, you'll appreciate this little paper gem.  I had to resize the file to fit, but it only took a few attempts before I got it where I wanted it.  I made some "snow" from glue mixed with baking soda and white paint.  After adding it to the roof line and around the bottom, I sprinkled it with glitter to add some sparkled.  I still need to add some ribbon to the base, but I haven't quite figured out how I want to do that.










No comments: